From Religion to Relationship
HEALING FOR OUR SPIRITS
Our Words Create Life Or Death
- Proverbs 18:21 – “Death and life are in the power of the tongue; and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.”
- Proverbs 4:20-22 – “My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh”
- Proverbs 18 – “There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword; but the tongue of the wise is health.”
- Proverbs 13:3 – “He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life; but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction.”
- Proverbs 16:24 – “Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
- John 6:63 – “It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
The How To’s Of Spiritual Healing - by Betsy Cobb Wise
- Imitate God through His faith. Everything He spoke to – obeyed. Speak faith words to your body so that it may be healed. The body will line up to the words that you speak.
- Listen to the words you speak about your body. Do your words create death or life? Examples of death words: “I never feel good.” My body is old and worn out”. “I always get sick on vacation.” “I will never have good health.” My diabetes, my high blood pressure, my aching back, my headache, my heart trouble, my … my … my…
- See yourself healthy – all of the time. Submit your health and body to God’s healing power.
- Speak life to the body part that is not lining up to the Word of God. Expect your body to line up and be restored to health.
- Practice speaking The Word over your body daily. This habit develops confidence in The Word so that you will live in divine health.
- Expect God to heal you of ANY dis-ease.
Think About This – Quotes from T. L. Osborn, Healing The Sick
- “God healed those who were bitten by fiery serpents as they look at a brazen serpent on a pole, which is a type of Calvary. (Numbers 21:8). If everyone who looked at the brazen serpent was healed then, it is logical that everyone who looks at Jesus now can be healed”.
- “Asa died in his sickness because he sought not the Lord, but to the physicians (2 Chon. 16); while Hezekiah lived because he sought not to the physicians, but to the Lord” (Isaiah 38).
- “Both sin and sickness came into the world through the fall of the human race. Therefore, we must look for the healing of both in the Savior of the human race.”
- “satan is a killer; his diseases are the destroyers of life. His sicknesses are the thieves of happiness, health, money, time, and effort. Christ came to give us abundant life in our spirits and in our bodies.”
- “All authority and power over all devils and diseases was given to every disciple of Christ. (Matt. 10:1, Mark 16:17) Since Jesus said, If you continue in my word, then are you my disciples indeed (John 8:31), these scriptures apply to you today, that is, if you continue in (act on) His word”.
- “The ministry of healing was given to the seventy, who represent the future workers of the church” (Luke 10:1, 9:19).
- “Since Christ came to do the Father’s will, the fact that He healed them all is proof that it is God’s will that all be healed”.
- “Another tradition is that we can glorify God more by being patient in our sickness than by being healed. If sickness glorifies God more than healing, then any attempt to get well by natural or divine means would be an effort to rob God of the glory that we should want Him to receive.”
- “If sickness glorifies God, then we should rather be sick than well.”
- “If sickness glorifies God, Jesus robbed His Father of all the glory that He possibly could by healing everyone (Luke 4:40), and the Holy Spirit continued doing the same throughout the Acts of the Apostles.”
- “We do not glorify God in our spirit by remaining in sin. We do not glorify God in our body by remaining sick.”
- “If the age of miracles is past, no one could be born again because the new birth is the greatest miracle a person can experience.”
- “Sickness is no more natural than sin. God made all things very good (Gen. 1:31). Therefore, we should not look for the remedy of sin or sickness in the natural, but from God who created us happy, strong, healthy, and to fellowship with Him.
HEALING FOR OUR BODIES – not in order of importance (Betsy Cobb Wise)
- Drink in ounces half of your body weight (Weight: 150/2 – drink 75 ounces of water)
- Get 8 hours of restful sleep each night
- Avoid preservatives in food. Do your own research and eat healthy foods.
- Exercise at least 3 times a week (30 minutes each time) but do something you like. If you hate walking, don’t. Find the exercise that suits you.
- Eliminate the stress from your life that you can – whether it’s activities you don’t enjoy, talking on the phone too much so you can’t accomplish what you need to, bad habits that keep you unstructured – you get the idea.
- Plan wholesome fun into you life – a movie, playing in the park with your kids, a weekend with your spouse, etc.
- Always take nutritional supplements. The best in the world are made by Shaklee Nutritional Products (see recommended resources below to contact Karen and Mike Hatton for information). I’ve taken these products for 15 years and budget $100/month for them – they are far worth it.
- Maintain a healthy weight – 10% over your normal body weight is not healthy.
- Get regular check ups
- No alcohol (maybe once a year) or tobacco
- Spend an allotted time in prayer and worship
- Live in harmony with others, the world, and yourself
- Laugh a lot!
- The Bible (Inspired writing through The Holy Spirit)
- God’s Creative Power (Gift Collection) by Charles Capps, Harrison House, Inc.
- Christ The Healer by F. F. Bosworth, Baker Books
- Healing The Sick by T. L. Osborn, Harrison House, Inc.
- The Seven Pillars of Health by Don Colbert, MD, Siloam, A Strang Company
- Prevention’s Healing With Vitamins, Rodale Press
- Shaklee Nutritional Products/Hatton Health Products – Contact Karen and Mike Hatton, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Telephone: 804-739-8484. This couple is devoted to your health by helping you develop nutritional goals and implementing your plan towards better health.